Temp 4 week job in my office - interested?
In late July/early August my current staffer is having 4 weeks leave. I am looking for people who would be interested in filling in for this period of time. I would prefer someone who can work full time for that period but I am willing to consider a 4 day/1 day split or a 3 day /2day split.
My office is located in Parliament House, Macquarie St Sydney. The hours are approx 9 -5 but will require additional hours on occasion. The job will require you to:
- Update and maintain the database and filing system
- Proactively monitor media, Hansard and relevant journals for key issues
- Undertake routine clerical tasks such as answering the phone, photocopying, email responses, faxing and dispatching mail where required
- Receive visitors and guests
- Take minutes of relevant meetings and follow up outcomes
- Identify and contribute ideas for website/online development
- Prepare correspondence, speech notes, media releases,
- Liaise with and assist to organise events
- Liaise and respond to queries received from constituents, members and other sources, includes complex casework for some constituents
- Manage the parliamentary office including responsibility for equipment, stationery, supplies and records
If you are interested, please forward your CV to me at Penny.Sharpe@parliament.nsw.gov.au before 1 July 2011. Please also feel free to forward to anyone you think might be interested.